This salad has been a family favorite for years! Not only is it a great salad, but it is also an amazing salsa served with tortilla chips. The black beans have protein so sometimes I will make a bowl with a bed of greens, some quinoa and this salad for a vegetarian lunch! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
Black Bean Salad Ingredients:
2 cans black beans (or 4 cups soaked and cooked beans)
1 orange bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
½ medium red onion. Chopped.
2 C cherry tomatoes
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped finely
1 C corn ( I use Organic frozen corn)
1 handful cilantro, chopped finely
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
1 handful cilantro
1 clove garlic
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cracked pepper
1. Put beans in a large bowl.
2. Finely chop bell peppers, onions, jalapeno, and cilantro. Add to beans.
3. Quarter cherry tomatoes and add to salad.
4. Add corn and combine all the ingredients.
5. For the Salad Dressing: Add vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor or a blender.
6. On slow speed, slowly add olive oil until well blended.
7. Add your desired amount of dressing to the black bean salad and stir.
8. Store any leftovers in a small glass jar in the fridge for up to a week.
Serve and enjoy!!!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019