My strawberry plants have been very fruitful this spring so I have put them to good use! I came up with this beautiful and refreshing drink that incorporates fresh fruit, fruit juices and sweetened with Stevia so you are getting very little sugar but incredible flavor. I topped this lemonade with some fresh basil for an extra touch and oh my goodness!!! It’s AWESOME! You can also top this with some sparkling water for a refreshing mocktail. Enjoy this recipe! It is so hydrating.
3 TBS. basil
1/2 gallon filtered water
1. Juice all the lemons and add to a pitcher.
2. Puree the strawberries in a blender and then pour through a strainer or a cheesecloth to get out the seeds Add the strained strawberries into the pitcher with the lemon juice.
3. Add filtered water to the top of the pitcher and taste to see if lemon is tart enough. Add more lemon juice if needed.
4. Add 3 TBS. of Stevia or to taste.
5. Finely chop 3 TBS. of basil and add to lemonade mixture and let sit for 2 hours.
6. Pour over ice and enjoy!!!
You can opt to use limes instead of lemons or switch it up and use lavender instead of basil. Make it your own!
There are so many variations and a whole summer ahead to enjoy them!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019