Do you have any extra cherry tomatoes that need to be used up. Candied Cherry tomatoes are absolutely delicious and are so easy to make. If you don’t have the available time you can use olive oil marinated sun dried tomatoes which are just as delicious.
This chicken tender recipe is really easy and so so good!!! It was an impromptu discovery and it is now a family favorite! I hope you enjoy it!
4 chicken tenders
1/2 cup candied tomatoes (you can replace these with oil marinated sundried tomatoes)
14 large basil leaves
4 oz. goat cheese
2 egg whites
2/3 cup chopped walnuts
3 TBS. olive oil
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, slice chicken tender in half but not all the way through.
3. Spread goat cheese in the center of the chicken tender, layering sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil.
4. Chop walnuts into small pieces.
5. In a small bowl, beat egg whites with a fork until frothy. Add salt and pepper.
6. Close chicken tender tightly around center ingredients. Gently dip into egg whites and then roll to coat with the walnuts.
7. Place on parchment covered sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done (165 degrees using an Internal Read Thermometer)
9. Serve alongside some brown rice pasta drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan!!!