This is such a simple recipe and seriously will probably only take you 15 minutes to fix. I love great tasting food but in my life, complicated is not welcome. Really good food doesn’t have to be difficult to make!
With this recipe, the goal is crispy skin…that is why we will start by searing it skin down first and for a longer period of time. I amazed my husband with this one so I think you will find this to be a favorite recipe!!!
4 wild-caught salmon fillets
1 T of Ghee
Salt & pepper
¼ C butter (½ of a stick)
Juice of 1 ½ lemons
¼ tsp lemon zest
⅓ C white wine…Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc (you can also replace the wine with chicken stock and it tastes just as good)
1 tsp fresh lavender, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
3 C fresh arugula
1. Heat large skillet on medium-high. Add ghee.
2. When the melted ghee is shimmering, you will know that it is ready for the salmon.
3. Salt and pepper the skin side of the filet and put the SKIN side down FIRST.
4. You will sear the salmon on this side for 5 minutes before flipping.
5. While the salmon is cooking on the skin side, salt and pepper the flesh side.
6. After 5 minutes have passed, flip salmon over to the flesh side and cook for only 1 minute.
7. Remove salmon and cover with foil to rest.
8. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, add butter and allow to melt.
9. Once melted, add lemon juice and simmer for 1 minute.
10. Add wine or stock and fresh herbs. Simmer until liquid has thickened…about 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Arrange Salmon over a bed of arugula. Drizzle with pan sauce and ENJOY!!!!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020