Whether you are new to prepping breakfast food this or an old pro this Cinnamon, Chocolate and Walnut Baked Oatmeal is an easy recipe to add to your meal prep routine! The framework for this recipe originally came from @restoringradiance but of course, as with most recipes, I have added in some extra protein and some superfoods to make it a little more nutrient-dense and also a balancing hormone food as well.
It is so easy to make and very energizing! I hope you try it out and enjoy it as much as I do.
1 ¾ C almond milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 TBS. coconut sugar
½ C plain Greek yogurt
3 eggs, plus one egg white
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
2 T hemp hearts
1 T maca powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
½ C chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together.
3. Add in maple syrup, coconut sugar, greek yogurt, almond milk, & vanilla extract.
4. Combine thoroughly. Add in the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, maca, hemp hearts & sea salt. Mix until well combined.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Bake for 25-30 min in a 9×13 baking dish coated in coconut oil!
7. Start checking oatmeal after 20 minutes and 5 minutes thereafter to see if the middle has set.
8. Once set, remove from the oven. Wait till cool and then cut into 12-15 bars.
9. My favorite way to eat it when it is hot is drizzled with a little maple syrup and nut butter.
This is my favorite go-to breakfast when heading to work. Prepare ahead of time, grab a square and go!!!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020