Have you ever bought carrots directly from a farm? They have so much more flavor!! I bought these from Fall Line Farms and they are delicious. Carrots are in season now and this new recipe with an orange glaze is such a delicious way to eat them! You can also use the glaze in this recipe for other root veggies like turnips and parsnips and sweet potatoes. Don’t be afraid to make substitutions and get creative with what you have!
1 ½ lb. thin whole carrots
3 T olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 large orange, sliced thinly
1 T lavender leaves, finely chopped
8 thyme sprigs
Raw Honey to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Layer a sheet tray with parchment paper.
3. In a large bowl, toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Layer carrots side by side on a sheet tray.
5. Slice the orange in thin slices and layer them over carrots.
6. Sprinkle carrots with lavender and thyme sprigs.
7. Roast for 15-20 minutes until soft and easily pierced with a fork.
8. Drizzle honey over the top of carrots and serve.
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020