I’ve got another top-notch soup recipe for you!! I am riding the soup train as long as the weather is cold! This Pesto, White Bean and Sausage Soup is super easy and should be enough for 2 meals which makes it a great solution for a busy week. Take advantage of the lingering cool temps and make some soup as part of your dinner routine. This pesto soup is packed with delicious flavors and awesome ingredients that will heal and nourish your body.
4 slices thick-cut bacon, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 sweet potato, cubed
¾ C pesto (I used a jar from Trader Joe’s)
4 C chicken stock
2 cans white cannellini beans, strained and rinsed
4 sausages (I used garlic chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s), sliced
3 C chopped kale
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium dutch oven, fry up bacon until crisp.
2. Let sit out on a paper towel to soak up excess grease.
3. Strain out most of the bacon fat leaving about a TBS. in the bottom of the pan.
4. Return Dutch oven to stovetop and add onions, carrots, and celery. Saute until soft.
5. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
6. Add sausage and allow to heat through.
7. Add pesto and allow to cook for about a minute to bring out the flavor.
8. Add chicken stock, beans, and sweet potato and allow to come to a simmer.
9. Simmer until sweet potato is soft.
10. Add cooked bacon and kale. Salt and pepper to taste.
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020