This soup turned out really good especially considering I just came up with it when I had some extra zucchini and dill lying around. It turned out so perfectly! Simple, healthy and absolutely delicious! Now to top it off, (because you know I love a topping) I added a recipe for lemon-infused greek yogurt. It’s no joke when I say a dollop of this makes the entire soup experience for me. I hope you all love this recipe as much as I do.
2 T ghee
3 spring onions/leeks, finely chopped (spring onions are the size of leeks)
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
4 zucchini, halved then sliced
1 ½ C frozen peas, thawed
2 C swiss chard, finely chopped
1/2 C fresh dill
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 T Greek yogurt per bowl for creaminess
Lemon Infused Greek Yogurt Ingredients :
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp. lemon zest
¼ tsp. sea salt
Directions for yogurt:
Blend together yogurt, lemon zest and salt. Let sit in the fridge for 6 hours to chill before using.
Directions for Soup:
1. In a dutch oven, melt ghee over medium heat. Add in spring onions and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
2. Add zucchini to onions and saute until zucchini is soft and browning a bit. (This is where you get your depth of flavor)
3. Pour in the stock and add peas, chard, dill, salt and pepper.
4. Lower heat and allow to simmer until the chard is really soft and peas are cooked through…about 10 minutes.
5. Again, taste to see if you need any additional seasoning.
6. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until creamy.
7. To serve, add 1 T of Greek yogurt to each bowl. You don’t want to miss this because it takes this soup to a whole other level!!!!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020