Sometimes I like to have treats around the house, especially during the Holidays! These Raw Oat Bars are pretty low in sugar and contain nutrient-dense ingredients I can get behind. The oats are especially good for hormone balance and I always sing the praises of coconut oil. Compared to something like a Resee’s cup these little bars are light years better for you! These are a treat and not something I make every single week, but they are an amazing option to have on hand during this time of year. I can make a decision that my tummy and health will thank me for! Dig in and enjoy this time of year!!
2C Organic Oats
⅓ C coconut oil
4T Organic peanut butter
2T Brown rice syrup
¼ C chopped dates
¼ C chopped pecans
¼ C dark chocolate chips
½ tsp salt
1. Melt together ⅓ cup coconut oil, 2T brown rice syrup, 4T Peanut Butter.
2. In a blender, pulse 2C oats and ½ tsp salt until they’re mostly broken down but still coarse.
3. Add the melted mix into the oats and blend until combined. Then add ¼ C chopped dates, ¼ C pecans, and pulse just a few times to incorporate them.
4. Press into a 1/2-3/4” thick rectangle and place in the freezer to harden up – about 15-20 mins.
5. While they freeze, melt together 1T coconut oil and ¼ cup dark chocolate chips.
6. Pull the bars from the freezer, pour the chocolate over and let it set (since the bars are cold it will set out of the freezer). Chop them into 12 squares.
Dive in and enjoy!!