Collaborations are so much fun for me! I love using this platform to highlight people in my life who I believe are truly talented and beautiful inside and out. Madison is definitely one of them. She is an accomplished cook and baker who makes incredible food for parties and special occasions. I knew that it was only a matter of time before she would end up on the blog. You can find Madison on Instagram @beautyandthefeast.
Her pumpkin roll came out splendidly. So much better than I could ever hoped to have done on my own. There is just something special that talented bakers have…patience!! Madison makes it look easy! This pumpkin roll is a classic Christmas baking recipe that your family will love. Even though it is made the traditional way, with white flour and sugar, it is so delicious and one for the list of favorites. I hope you enjoy bringing one of Madison’s family traditions into your home this Holiday Season!
⅔ C canned or cooked mashed pumpkin
¾ C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
For the filling:
1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
3T butter softened
1C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then combine the first three ingredients in a stand mixer, blending well, then add the next 3 ingredients.
2. Grease 15x10x1 jellyroll pan and line with waxed paper and grease again. Spread mixture evenly in pan, don’t spread too thin, and bake 15-18 mins. Let cool 4 mins.
3. Invert onto clean tea towel (not terry cloth) which has been sprinkled heavily with powdered sugar. Roll up from the narrow end and cool 2 hours.
4. While its cooling beat filling ingredients.
5. Unroll cake and spread with the filling.
Re-roll and wrap in plastic wrap and foil.
Chill thoroughly before serving, preferably overnight, or freeze for another time.
Slice the roll into disks and serve.
Doesn’t this look enticing? Enjoy!!