This Shrimp Pad Thai is a dish that my daughter, Madelyn, and I put made on one of those special nights of cooking together. I think we were both thrilled with how it turned out! If you love a good Pad Thai then this recipe is for you. It is easy and you can really use any source of protein you would like. Make tonight special You will not be disappointed!
4 T tamari
2 T honey
2 T fish sauce
Pad Thai Ingredients:
12 oz. brown rice pad thai noodles
1 lb. wild-caught shrimp, thawed
¼ C butter or ghee
1 T sesame oil
3 carrots, chopped
1 shallot, minced
5 cloves garlic, minced
5 green onions, chopped in 2-inch pieces
¼ C cilantro, finely chopped
½ C basil, finely chopped
½ C roasted, salted peanuts, finely chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. In a large stockpot, heat water and cook noodles as directed.
2. To make the sauce: mix together tamari, honey, fish sauce, brown rice vinegar and Sambal Oelek in a small jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake vigorously to blend.
3. Heat wok over medium heat. Add ghee or butter and sesame oil.
4. Saute carrots and shallot until the carrots are tender.
5. Add garlic and shrimp and saute until shrimp is pink in color, about 4 minutes.
6. Add noodles and sauce to the wok. Continue to toss until noodles absorb most of the liquid.
7. Add green onions, cilantro and basil. Toss for an additional minute until liquid is fully absorbed and adheres to the noodles.
8. Serve in shallow bowls and sprinkle with finely chopped, salted peanuts and lime wedges. Enjoy!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020