I love these cookies so much. They remind me of the Peanut Butter Blossoms that my Dad used to make but these have much cleaner ingredients and far less sugar. They are grain-free and so a perfect choice for someone with autoimmune disorders that have a difficult time with grain. You are not missing one thing with these cookies! Enjoy!!!
1 C creamy peanut butter
½ C coconut sugar
½ C Monkfruit sweetener (I like the Lakanto brand)
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the peanut butter and both sugars on medium speed until combined and creamy.
3. Add in the egg and baking soda and mix on medium until smooth.
4. Scoop out about 2 TBS. of dough and roll into balls. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. You can leave them to bake just like that or you can use a fork to press the dough down creating a crisscross pattern. You should get about 16 out of this recipe.
5. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the cookies are set at the edges.
6. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. While cookies are cooling, melt 4 TBS. dark chocolate with 1 tsp. of coconut oil in a small saucepan.
8. With a spoon, drizzle chocolate across the cookie, back and forth.
9. Allow chocolate to harden before serving.
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019