Ok, here we are, a few days before Christmas and I have come to the realization that I am not a good baker at all! After the second attempt at some grain-free sugar cookies, that came out like sawdust, by the way… I threw them all in the trash and started on something much simpler.
Honestly, this Dark Chocolate Nut and Fruit Christmas Bark is more me anyway. I don’t keep cookies around the house but this dark chocolate bar is on point for me! I used my favorite ingredients: goji berries, toasted almonds, coconut, and cacao nibs to add some nutritional density!
It turned out so much better than the cookies! Now I have a treat around the house that is lower in sugar and much healthier for me. I hope your baking is turning out much better than mine.
1 lb. dark chocolate bars (I use a large 1 pound Belgium chocolate bar from Trader Joes)
¼ C dried goji berries (you can use dried cherries or cranberries instead)
¼ C raw cacao nibs
⅓ C chopped toasted almonds
2 T shredded coconut
Sprinkle of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. On a parchment covered sheet pan, spread out almonds and roast for about 5-7 minutes or until slightly brown.
3. Remove almonds from the sheet pan onto a wooden cutting board and chop.
4. On the same parchment paper-lined sheet pan, line up chocolate bars spaced apart. (If using a large chocolate bar, make sure to break into several pieces.)
5. Put into oven for 8-10 minutes or until melted.
6. Pull out of the oven and with a wooden spoon, spread chocolate evenly about ½ inch thick onto parchment paper.
7. Sprinkle all the ingredients on top of melted chocolate and press into chocolate with a wooden spoon.
8. Slide off of cookie sheet onto a flat surface to cool. (Cooling will take about 2 hours)
9. Break the chocolate into pieces and ENJOY!!!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019