Potatoes get quite a bad reputation. They are a whole food, full of nutrition and plant-based so why hesitate? There are so many varieties at the farmer’s market now and believe me…. I will be taking advantage of that. I think this recipe for Crispy Smashed Potatoes might be my favorite! way to eat them. This recipe is super easy and can make a weeknight dinner exceptional. I pre-boil the potatoes so they are quick and easy to prepare when I am ready to serve them. Seriously, if you have been cutting potatoes out of your diet it is time for a change!
2 lbs small red or white potatoes
Salt and Pepper
1 T Ghee
1 T Fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme or rosemary
1. In a medium saucepan, boil whole potatoes until soft when pierced through with a fork.
2. Drain potatoes and allow to sit out until skins are entirely dry. (Many times I will boil my potatoes on the weekend during meal prep and then refrigerate until ready to cook them up.)
3. Smash potatoes with a flat metal spatula.
4. Preheat cast-iron skillet or skillet of choice on medium-high heat.
5. Salt and Pepper the outside of the potatoes.
6. Add Ghee to the skillet then crisp up the potatoes on each side until nice and golden brown. (You can add more ghee if desired).
7. Sprinkle with a fresh herb of choice and serve.
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019