A favorite when eating out is always fries! Kids love them, adults love them and our brains love the instant gratification that comes with refined, fried and salted potatoes.
Enter the homemade sweet potato fry!! They are baked in the oven with a little seasoning and entirely delicious!! You can make these for a party or pair with burgers, grilled chicken or a juicy steak! This recipe includes a quick and easy Chipotle Aioli as well that is out of this world! Sweet potatoes are so good for you and are an excellent replacement for regular potatoes especially if you struggle with elevated blood sugar. I hope you enjoy this simple recipe that will make any stay at home meal a winner!
Sweet Potato Fries Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes cut into 3-inch wedges
3 T Olive oil
½ tsp. Chili powder
½ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. In a medium bowl toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
3. In a single layer, place sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
4. Roast, tossing frequently for about 18-25 minutes until golden brown.
Chipotle Aioli Ingredients:
½ C Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
1 tsp. Chipotle chili powder
¼ tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 T double concentrated tomato paste
Pinch of salt
1. In a small bowl, mix mayo with all the seasoning and taste. Add any additional salt or tomato paste to your liking!
2. Now DIP!! I love this aioli so much that I have used it in egg salad or on a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019