5 Ways to Feel your Best Through the Holidays
1. Drink lots of water-the standard is 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight. Check in with yourself periodically through the day to make sure that you are drinking enough. I have a 20 ounce drink container that helps me keep track. It’s a great Christmas gift for yourself or a loved one.
2. Get plenty of sleep–7-8 hours is optimal and every hour before midnight counts as 2. If you have difficulty falling asleep there are two things you can consider trying.
First of all, keep a journal next to your bed to jot down any thoughts that you might have so that you can put your mind to rest. Secondly, I have found Nature’s Sunshine Melatonin
Extra to be extremely helpful getting me to sleep but also keeping me asleep. It has also helped in many cases of bedtime anxiety.
3. Plan for your special treats–this time of year involves so many social gatherings and special family traditions surrounding food. Make a plan for each event and choose your one treat. Maybe that will be a special cocktail of a fancy dessert but
the key is to go in with a plan. You may not come out performing perfectly but as least you will be aware going in.
4. Eat when hungry and stop when satisfied–This one effort can make all the difference when it comes to feeling your best through the holidays. It takes lots of practice but an overfed body is a stressed body. Stop eating when the food your eating stops tasting as good as the first bite. Give yourself a few moments and then check in to see how you feel.
5. Allow yourself one day off a week–over planning can lead to exhaustion which can lead to over indulgence and depression. Take time to breathe, enjoy some empty space, put your feet up and relax! Embrace the season instead of wishing it were over!
I wish for each one of you peace!!!