These Smoky Jalapeno Chicken Skewers are the bomb! There is so much flavor with a bit of heat!. I love recipes that do not have a run of the mill flavor and this chicken has it all in my opinion. It’s easy to marinade in the morning and throw on the grill or grill pan for a quick sear in the evening. The side dishes can be prepared days ahead so this is a great weeknight meal. Enjoy!
Chicken Skewer Ingredients:
1 ½ jarred roasted bell peppers, chopped
½ C cilantro, chopped
½ C chopped green onion
2 TBS. apple cider vinegar
2 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
1 TBS. paprika
¼ tsp. smoked paprika
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 TBS. fresh oregano
2 tsp. sea salt
1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
16 small wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Garlic Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
1 C plain Greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
1. Place roasted peppers, cilantro, green onion, vinegar, olive oil, paprika, smoked paprika, jalapeno, garlic, oregano and sea salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
2. Reserve ½ cup of marinade.
3. Combine remaining marinade and chicken pieces. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
4. Thread chicken onto skewers.
5. Using a grill pan, outdoor grill or large skillet, cook, turning occasionally until cooked through. This will take about 8 minutes or so.
6. Transfer to a platter and serve with reserved marinade. I like serving this alongside my favorite coconut black rice and garlic yogurt sauce.
Garlic Yogurt Sauce Directions:
7. Blend all ingredients and serve (even tastes better the following day if you want to make it ahead)
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020