Lamb Chops in a Lemon, Chive and Garlic Marinade
6 Lamb Chops
4 sliced garlic cloves
1 T chopped mint
1 T chopped fresh rosemary
½ C minced chives or green portion of green onions
¼ C olive oil
⅓ C white balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Combine garlic, mint, rosemary, chives, olive oil and vinegar and pour into a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Coat lamb chops with salt and pepper.
3. Add the lamb chops to marinade and flip once or twice to evenly coat them.
4. Refrigerate 4-6 hrs
5. 1 hour before grilling, remove lamb chops from the fridge, flip them over and allow to come to room temperature in the marinade.
6. Heat up the grill.
7. Grill lamb chops for 3 minutes on each side and then allow to rest covered in foil for 10 minutes. This will give you a medium-rare lamb chop. If you desire well done, just add a minute to each side.
8. Top with chimichurri and ENJOY!
¼ C flat-leaf parsley
½ C cilantro
2 T fresh oregano
3 garlic cloves
3 T red wine vinegar
¼ C sherry vinegar
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp sea salt
½ C extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a food processor or blender, combine parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, vinegars, crushed red pepper and sea salt.
2. With food processor on low, slowly drizzle olive oil in from the top. If you find that your chimichurri is not sauce like enough you can add some additional olive oil.
3. Drizzle on top of lamb chops or any grilled meat and enjoy!!!
Store in a covered container and will last in the fridge for up to a week.
© The Sown Life LLC, 2019