For this recipe, I decided to make these waffles really simple and use a mix instead of making them completely from scratch. I like to use Simple Mills or Birch Benders waffle mix but you can use whatever you have on hand. I focused on the toppings and made a lightly sweetened homemade blueberry sauce to top these waffles! I also toasted some pecans and added a dollop of Greek yogurt. They were so delicious, healthy and easy to make. Your family will love these!!!
1 12 oz. bag frozen blueberries
1 T ghee
1 C pecans
2 T maple syrup
1 C plain Greek yogurt
1. In a medium saucepan, blend blueberries with maple syrup. Simmer over med. Heat until all the blueberries are softened and the sauce has thickened.
2. In a small skillet, melt ghee. Once the ghee is foaming a bit add the pecans. Toast until lightly browned. Sprinkle with a little sea salt.
3. Make waffles per package directions.
4. To assemble: your waffle goes on plate first, then sprinkle with toasted pecans. Drizzle your desired amount of blueberry syrup over top and place a dollop of Greek yogurt in the center.
5. I like a bit of all the ingredients with each bite. Enjoy!
© The Sown Life LLC, 2020