I get this question a lot…what do you eat for breakfast so I thought this would be a great way to share it with everyone. While I work hard to readjust the eating patterns of my clients. We are not changing everything at once so breakfast is a great place to start. The main thing that we want from our food other than nutrition is the stability of our blood sugar. If we get a blood sugar spike then we most certainly will get a dip and this will cause us to be hungry, tired and cranky. We then reach for a starchy carb or caffeine for that quick pick me up. These breakfasts are full of healthy fats and protein which stabilize blood sugar. Remember to add in some raw fruits or veggies which deliver natural enzymes to the body to help with digestion. That way, your body isn’t having to do so much work and lose energy.
This is a list of my favorites and I have provided a link to each recipe as well.
- My favorite breakfast is Ezekiel toast (1 piece), avocado mayonnaise, micro greens, slice of tomato, a fried egg (or two) with a drizzle of Sky Valley Sciracha.
- Cinnamon, Chocolate and Walnut Baked Oatmeal
- Herb Baked Eggs
- Mediterranean Sausage and Goat Cheese Frittata
- Cheesy Egg, Kale and Sweet Potato Muffins
- Yogurt Bowl- Plain whole milk yogurt, chia seeds, goji berries, maca powder, chopped nuts, cacao nibs, Lilly’s chocolate chips and a drizzle of raw honey.
- Vanilla Chia Pudding topped with fresh berries
- High Protein, Superfood Smoothies–Peaches and Cream Smoothie, Strawberry Superfood Smoothie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie, Mango Hormone Balancing Smoothie, Favorite Hormone Balancing Smoothie
- Hormone Balancing Oatmeal Bowl
- French Omelette